We heard your requests! Several API enhancements
The 653 Version of the Trading API with Developer-Requested API Enhancements is now available!
Enhancements in this release include:
- Shipping: Tracking Number and Carrier Used
- New VerifyRelistItem Call
- VerifyOnly Field for ReviseItem
- GetPromotionalSaleDetails Enhancement to Filter by Status
- Sellers Can Subscribe to Notification for SellerClosedDisputes
- Updates to GetMyeBaySelling
Tracking Number and Carrier Used are now returned by GetOrders and GetOrderTransactions for both Trading and Half.com. On Half.com, you can use the GetOrders and GetOrderTransactions calls to retrieve unshipped Half.com orders, such as orders that the seller has received but has not yet processed.
The new VerifyRelistItem request allows you to preview the response and fees for an item you want to relist, before you make the actual RelistItem call. This call requests and returns the same data as RelistItem (same inputs, same outputs, and same usage rules), but without actually listing the item to an eBay site.
Applications can use this call to test the definition of an item before actually listing it to eBay with RelistItem, reducing item listing-related errors.
You can use the VerifyOnly boolean field with the flag set to 'true', if you want the response to include the calculated listing price change (if there is an increase in the BIN/Start price) but you do not want the values to persist in the database. See ReviseItem for more details.
Including the VerifyOnly field in ReviseItem is similar to using VerifyAddItem or VerifyRelistItem.
GetPromotionalSaleDetails Enhancement to Filter by Status
Previously, Buyers have been able to subscribe to get notified when a seller has closed a listing dispute. Now the Seller can also subscribe to the SellerClosedDisputes notification. For more information, see options for platform notification.
In response to your product feedback, these enhancements have been made to GetMyeBaySelling:
- Listings with variations now return Variation.StartPrice.
- A new OrderStatusFilter in the request enables you to filter SoldList based on whether transactions have been marked as Paid and/or Shipped in My eBay.