Updates to Summer 2009 Release; Part 2 of 2.
Updates to Summer 2009 Release; Part 2 of 2.
On July 29, 2009, Laurel posted an announcement about the July 2009 updates. In this entry, we highlight part 2 of the features that were released since then
For the list of calls changed with each Trading API version, see the Trading API Release Notes.
Because there are many updates, the details have been split into two entries. The first part can be found here. This is the second entry and covers the following topics:
As a reminder, the first entry included: will link to part 1 entry.
If you would like the complete details on the July 2009 Update, please refer to the following links and to the API Release Notes.
- All features are not available to all Sellers, use the Trading call GeteBayDetails to find out which features are available for your site. As part of the seller release, some listing upgrades were removed for some sites, and some will be restricted to eBay Top-Rated Sellers or PowerSellers. The listing features include bold title, border, Featured First, Featured Plus!, gift icon, highlight, Homepage Featured, and ProPack. A new type, ListingFeatureDetails, has been added to the GeteBayDetails response that returns which listing features are available to the seller for the site. Another addition to the GeteBayDetails response, UpdateTime, reports the time of the most recent modification to any Detail.
- A type has been added to the Trading call ListingStartPriceDetailsType.MinBuyItNowPricePercent, which returns the minimum percentage difference between the start price and the Buy It Now price for a listing on the specified site. There is one exception: Use category details to find the percentage requirements for Motor Vehicles (using Site ID 100 - the eBay Motors site.)
- GetSellerEvents now returns variation details in Item.Variations, including StartPrice, Quantity, and QuantitySold, plus SKU and/or VariationSpecifics. Multiple variations are returned together in the same Variations node (similar to GetItem).
- To keep the GetSellerEvents response smaller, the variation specifics are not returned if the variation has a SKU.
- With RelistFixedPriceItem and ReviseFixedPriceItem, you can now use SKU to uniquely identify an existing variation, regardless of whether the listing has inventory tracking set to SKU.
- ReviseInventoryStatus now supports modifying variations when InventoryTrackingMethod is set to ItemID.
- For the site specified in the request, GeteBayDetails now returns variation constraints, such as maximum number of variations, in VariationDetails.
- GetUser now returns QualifiesForVariations (a boolean) to indicate whether the user is eligible to list with variations on the site specified in the request.
- In SetUserNotes, you can now set private notes for variations. These notes will be visible to the user for variations that are displayed in My eBay.
- GetMyeBayBuying and GetMyeBaySelling now return PrivateNotes for applicable variations. Depending on how the notes were set (what was specified in the SetUserNotes request), the variations may be returned within Variations or within Item
-  Shipping Insurance option has been removed from many sites. If shipping insurance is included in AddItem, it will be dropped with a warning, but won't fail. See the Release Notes.
-  Using My eBay, you can create an Exclude Ship-To List of the locations to where you will not ship items. Once set up, all items that you list on eBay will, by default, use the Exclude Ship-To List to exclude the locations you specified in the list. If a buyer's primary ship-to location is a location that you have listed as an excluded ship-to location (or if the buyer does not have a primary ship-to location), they will receive an error message if they attempt to buy or place a bid on your item. Use GetUserPreferences to review the default set of excluded locations that you have set up in My eBay. Use GetUserPreferences to retrieve your global exclusion list. See the Release Notes.
-  Tracking for multiple package shipment for a single item. ShippingCarrierUsed and ShipmentTrackingNumber have been moved to a repeatable ShipmentTrackingDetails container. See the Release Notes.
-  More shipping carriers supported. The type for ShipmentType.ShippingCarrierUsed has been changed from ShippingCarrierCodeType to string. This enables sellers to specify a shipping carrier (via CompleteSale) other than the ones noted in ShippingCarrierCodeType.
- With a request version lower than 627, the value you specify for CompleteSale's ShippingCarrierUsed must be a value found in ShippingCarrierCodeType. If the request version is 627 or higher, you can specify the shipping carrier of your choice, even if it is not in the ShippingCarrierCodeType list, and GetSellingManagerSaleRecord will return that value. See the Release Notes.
-  Local Pickup: Shipping Time DSRs ignored, Shipping and Handling Charges MAY be ignored.
- In the Trading API LeaveFeedback call, DSRs left for Shipping Time will be ignored for all Local Pickup transactions. DSRs left for Shipping and Handling Charges will be ignored for Local Pickup transactions where the seller did not add any special handling fees. See the Release Notes.
- This change affects the following eBay sites: AU, Mn-AT, BE-FR, BE-NL, CA, CA-FR, FR, DE, HK, IN, Mn-IE, IT, MY, Motors, NL, PH, PL, SG, ES, Mn-CH, UK, US
-  Seller Status Now Returned by GetSellerDashboard. See the Release Notes.
- Avoid 1s and 2s
- Only domestic DSRs count
- [629 ] Top-Rated Seller Details Available via GetUser and Other Calls; SellerInfo.SellerLevel to Be Removed
- When Top-Rated Seller details became available in October (see Announcement), GetUser began returning fields that identify the seller as a Top-Rated Seller and gave details about the Top-Rated Seller program. These fields are already present and documented for GetUser and other calls. They include TopRatedSeller and TopRatedSellerDetails.TopRatedProgram, which identifies the Top-Rated-Seller programs for which the seller is qualified. See the Release Notes.
- When the Top-Rated Seller feature became active on the US, DE, and UK sites, SellerInfo.SellerLevel no longer returned results for those sites. Affected calls include GetUser, GetBidderList, GetSellerList, GetItem, and GetItemTransactions.
More categories are becoming catalog-enabled
When Good Till Canceled (GTC) listings are renewed, they will be checked for Return Policy and Handling Time. If these details are not included, the GTC listing renewal will fail. For more info, see this entry in the Forum.
December 17, 2009 in Best Practices, Categories and Item Specifics, Certified Provider, Client Alerts API, Developer Community, Documentation, Finding API, Large Merchant Services, Merchandising API, Product News, Shopping API, Trading API | Permalink