Updates to Summer 2009 Release: Part 1 of 2
On July 29, 2009, Laurel posted an announcement about the July 2009 updates. In this two part entry, we highlight the features that were released since then.(For the change details with each API version, see the API Release Notes.)
Because there have been many updates, this topic will be split into two entries.
This first entry includes:
The second entry (to be published on, or around, December 17) will include:
Items with Variations
-  Multi-Variation Listings: GetSellerEvents and Other Enhancements
-  Changes to ListingFeatureDetails and Some Listing Features to Be Removed and Restricted
Selling Manager Applications
- ShippingCarrierUsed: Type Change
- LeaveFeedback and Shipping API Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs)
- Reminder: Return Policy and Handling Time Required When You Renew GTC Listings
If you would like details on the July 2009 Update, please refer to the following links and to the API Release Notes.
Please see the BestMatchItemDetails API release notes for details.
[1.2.0] New Feature: Gallery Plus Pictures
[1.2.0] Doc changes: Updated Value for SellerBusinessType Item Filter
Reminder of what changed in Best Match (Details)
- New listing performance score for Fixed Price to replace recent sales
- New multi-quantity and single-quantity Fixed Price listings will be given exposure in Best Match
- Titles are more important than ever
- Seller performance continues to count
- Shipping cost continues to count
- No changes to Auction-style listings
- Optimized by category
- As part of the Edit Live Items feature, a new TransactionID field was added to the GetItemRequest call. This new field will allow both Sellers and Buyers to retrieve a listing as it was at the time of a given purchase by invoking GetItem with a TransactionID in the request (even if the seller has made significant revisions to the listing, following the purchase).
- Sellers are also able to make revisions to their multi-quantity fixed price listings after a purchase has been made (currently, Sellers can not change their multi-quantity fixed price listings, after at least one item in the listing has been purchased).
- Sellers are able to view the updated listing for each transaction, but Buyers are only able to view the transactional version of a listing where they are the successful buyer. Past transactional views of an item will be available for up to 90 days from the date the transaction took place.
 Platform Notification changes and client alerts
- Changes to the GetItemTransaction API call may cause a change to the behavior of the following Platform Notifications: EndOfAction, AuctionCheckoutComplete, FixedPriceEndOfTransaction, CheckoutBuyerRequestTotal, FixedPriceTransaction, Checkout, FixedPriceTransactionForSeller, FixedPriceTransactionForBuyer, ItemMarkedAsShipped, and ItemMarkedAsPaid.
- The following Client Alerts may have a behavior change as a result of this project: EndOfAuction, FixedPriceEndOfTransaction, FixedPriceTransaction, ItemSold, and ItemWon. Each notification will now be based on the state of the item (a 'snapshot' of the item) at the time the transaction was created.
Finding API - see the Finding API release notes for details.
[1.1.0] New: Gallery Plus Pictures
[1.1.0] Updated Value for SellerBusinessType Item Filter
[1.0.1] eBay Top-rated Seller
With the launch of the Top-rated Sellers program, buyers can find items listed by the highest quality sellers on eBay based on the feedback of other buyers. The sellerInfo node in the search results (searchResult.item.sellerInfo) for the "findItems" calls now includes the topRatedSeller field to indicate (true or false) whether the seller of an item qualifies as an eBay Top-rated Seller. Additionally, a new TopRatedSellerOnly item filter has been added to limit search results to items listed by Top-rated Sellers only.
Note the following site restrictions:
- The searchResult.SellerInfo.topRatedSeller field in the response for the finding calls is supported for the following sites only: US (EBAY-US), Motors (EBAY-MOTOR), DE (EBAY-DE), AT (EBAY-AT), and CH (EBAY-CH).
- The TopRatedSellerOnly item filter is supported for the following sites only: US (EBAY-US), Motors (EBAY-MOTOR), UK (EBAY-GB), IE (EBAY-IE), DE (EBAY-DE), AT (EBAY-AT), and CH (EBAY-CH).
Top-rated sellers consistently receive highest buyers' ratings, ship items quickly, and have earned a track record of excellent service. eBay regularly reviews the performance of these sellers to confirm they continue to meet the program's requirements. See the Top-rated Sellers page on the eBay site for more information.
Trading API - See the Trading API release notes for details.
 Clarifications in Documentation for Unpaid Item Disputes
- Version 639 release notes surveyed various process changes for Unpaid Item Disputes.
- Support for the old process will be removed around March 2010, so please migrate your UPI dispute code to work with the new process.
- How do you know whether the newer or older process applies to your disputes or not? It is all about the request version. If you created a UPI dispute with a request version lower than 637, the old timelines apply and the various platform notifications for messaging are still supported. But if the request version is 637 or greater, the new timelines apply.
- Further, since AddDisputeResponse can no longer be used (for 637 or greater) for buyer or seller communication, these notifications are no longer triggered: BuyerResponseDispute, SellerRespondedToDispute.
- See Newer versus Older Unpaid Item Disputes Process - a before/after table of facts.
 New Features for 639
- Multiple-Package Details for a Single Item
- Selling Manager Calls: No Integration with eBay.com Is Required
- Unpaid Item Disputes: Process Change
GetSellerEvents now returns variation details in Item.Variations, including StartPrice, Quantity, and QuantitySold, plus SKU and/or VariationSpecifics. Multiple variations are returned together in the same Variations node (similar to GetItem).
December 2, 2009 in Best Practices, Categories and Item Specifics, Client Alerts API, Developer Community, Developer Education, Documentation, Feedback API, Finding API, Large Merchant Services, Platform Notifications API, Shopping API, Trading API | Permalink