We are 9! The 9th Anniversary of the eBay Developers Program
Many changes have taken place since our 8th anniversary:
- In August 2009, eBay opened its new App Store for Sellers, offering developers the ability to embed their business productivity applications in My eBay, where hundreds of thousands of eBay Sellers currently manage their online business.
- As of Q3 2009, the eBay Developers Program has grown to more than 100,000 members who have created over 13,000 live applications.
- More than 60% of all eBay.com listings come through eBay Web services, with over 30% coming through third-party tools via the eBay Developers Program.
- In Q3 2009, the eBay Platform handled over 27 billion Web service requests.
- Five developers were honored this year with annual eBay Star Developer Awards for improving user experience, helping sellers adapt to rapid improvements in eBay Marketplaces, providing product input that improves the API platform for the eBay developer community, and more.
2009 eBay Star Developer Awards winners are:
- DSR Rockstar: Seller Machine CRM by BengalOne
- Most Innovative: Dynamic pricing feature by Monsoon
- Early Adopter: Mercent Retail for eBay by Mercent
- Service to the Developer Community: Jake Becker (helios825) of WatchCount.com
- Rapid Evolution: Sales Manager by InkFrog
Thank you all for another great year! :-)